Our own Steve Trautman, expert on managing talent risk through knowledge transfer, will be teaming up for two free webinars next week. The first webinar—sponsored by CIO Magazine and CIO Executive Council—pairs Steve with Wayne Shurts, Executive VP & CTO at Sysco (and a client), for a moderated discussion on Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST on “Managing Talent Risk: A 3-Part Formula for Knowledge Transfer Success.”
What It’s About
In this webcast, Wayne and Steve will share their stories and insights on how they have effected real change within the 800 person-strong Business Technology organization at Sysco, the world’s largest food distributor—and give principals and tools for replicating the results within your organization.
They will share tips on:
- Creating an inventory of technical experts and their unique knowledge so that all talent risks are known and can be managed.
- Aligning managers from the C Suite to the front line to ensure their teams have the right skills for the future.
- Introducing next-generation experts into a historically stable workplace and setting them up for success.
- Maintaining legacy systems while reassigning top technical talent to plan for the future.
- Responding to unplanned, sometimes emergent, staff changes.
This webinar will tease some of the insights to be released in Steve’s upcoming new book. Register today and be among the first to learn about a better, more fact-based approach to talent risk management.
The second webinar, cosponsored with NetSpeed—a learning solutions company that partners with Fortune 500s to develop better virtual learners and communicators—will feature Steve Trautman speaking on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST on “Managing Talent Risk through Knowledge Transfer: Methodical, Measurable, and Clear.”
What It’s About
This new webinar, part of NetSpeed’s 5-part 2015 Thought Leader Webinar Series, will take the risk out of transition planning with a quantifiable process. Because, it’s a myth that an organization cannot manage its talent risks with the same degree of clarity, rigor, and measurement as other types of business risk. Steve will show you how your current system could do more to track, measure and mitigate the cost of mistakes due to job standard inconsistency, single points of failure in a work team and lack of talent readiness.
After attending this one-hour webinar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and explain your technical talent risk
- Assess how you are currently managing talent risk
- Manage talent risk using knowledge transfer
Register today and hear the first public release of these best practices.